This Monday was the sixtieth anniversary of Queen Elizabeth II's ascension to the British throne. Happy anniversary (or Diamond Jubilee, as it is known), Your Majesty! Now: what exactly are you still doing there, anyway?
Here are some interesting facts about Queen Elizabeth II:
* Elizabeth is the Queen of the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Jamaica, Barbados, the Bahamas, Grenada, Papua New Guinea, the Solomon Islands, Tuvalu, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Antigua and Barbuda, Belize, and Saint Kitts and Nevis.
* Her Magesty's height is is 5' 4", she is fluent in French, and her nickname is Lillibet.
* Her Magesty was made a Honorary Fellow of the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists, in 1951.
* Forbes magazine estimated her fortune at around $500 million.
* Although Elizabeth officially lives in Buckingham Palace, she, like many other British monarchs before her, dislikes the Palace and she considers her home to be Windsor Castle.
* Elizabeth appeared on the cover of Time magazine, in 1929, at the age of 3. In 1952, she was on the cover of Time magazine again, this time as Person of the Year.
* She was the first British monarch to circumnavigate the globe in one trip.
* Elizabeth was the first and the only female member of the royal family to serve in the armed forces, in the Auxiliary Territorial Service.
To mark the 60th anniversary of Queen Elizabeth II on the throne, show some unknown photos from her biography. Some examples are - some of her secret hobbies, less known public appearances, involvement in conspiracy theories, etc.
Many thanks to AzureSky for the contest concept.
The Queen is visiting the USA and Jamestown, Virginia to celebrate it's 400th birthday. It is rumored she was at the first one.
In this contest you are asked to photoshop Queen Elizabeth II if she decided to stay in the US. Some examples would be show her Americanization as she attends "Bike Nite" at the local Hooters or working as a cleaning lady in a big office building. The Queen might even join the US government - show us what she may do.