Original black and white John Lennon picture(Source) John Lennon was shot 35 years ago Remember the big star of the Beatles , John Lennon. John Lennon was an English musician who gained worldwide fame as one of the members of the Beatles, for his subsequent solo career, and for his political activism and pacifism. He was shot by Mark David Chapman in the archway of the building where he lived, The Dakota, in New York City on 8 December 1980. Lennon had just returned from Record Plant Studio with his wife, Yoko Ono. After sustaining four fatal gunshot wounds, Lennon was pronounced dead on arrival at Roosevelt Hospital. He was 40 years old. At the hospital, it was stated that nobody could have lived for more than a few minutes after sustaining such injuries. Shortly after local news stations reported Lennon's death, crowds gathered at Roosevelt Hospital and in front of the Dakota. Lennon was cremated on 10 December 1980 at the Ferncliff Cemetery in Hartsdale, New York; the ashes were given to Ono, who chose not to hold a funeral for him. The first media report of Lennon's death to a US national audience was announced by Howard Cosell, on ABC's Monday Night Football. Member reactions:
Thank you very much, my dear friend. It feels good and I'm glad you like it.
Nice Tribute to John, Kris. Congrats on the cup.
Congrats on Silver win, Krisz. Nicely done. Like ur new avatar
December 8 marks 34 years since John Lennon was killed by Mark David Chapman in New York. On that day the world lost the man who changed rock 'n' roll with The Beatles, the man who taught us to "imagine" the world with no countries, with all the people living life in peace... 34 years later John Lennon is still in our hearts as much as his songs.
Let us imagine how John Lennon would live his life nowadays. "It's easy if you try..."
Actor, singer, and dancer John Travolta is celebrating his 60th birthday today. Travolta shot to stardom with his roles in Saturday Night Fever (1977) and Grease (1978). He had many roles since, but his next mega-famous role came only 16 years later - in Pulp Fiction (1994). Other box-office hits with Travolta include Get Shorty (1995), Face/Off (1997) and Hairspray (2007). Travolta is a known Scientologist. For this reason he had to marry Kelly Preston twice, as the first time was by a Scientologist minister and the marriage was not officially recognized. John is a certified private pilot with over 5,000 hours experience. He owns 5 aircraft including a Boeing 707.
Happy Birthday, John! Here's to many more roles ahead!
To mark the 60th birthday of John Travolta, photoshop him any way you wish.
American film, television, and stage actor John Goodman celebrated his 60th birthday on June 20th. He is best known for his role as Dan Conner on the television series Roseanne (1988–1997) for which he won a Best ActorGolden Globe Award in 1993.
Here are some noteworthy "Goodman facts":
* John participates in Mardi Gras each year that he is not busy filming.
* Goodman has appeared in the following television commercials: Levi Strauss and Company, Campbell's Soup, MCI Inc., Budweiser beer, M&M's Chocolate Candies, Haggar, St. Jude's Hospital, Red Roof Inn, DirecTV, Blue Rhino (propane exchange), Intel Centrino Mobile Technology, Dunkin' Donuts, Burger King, Coors beer, Crest toothpaste, Kellogg's Frosted Mini-Wheats, 7-up, and In-N-Out Burger.
* He was considered such an asset to The Flintstones (cast as Fred Flintstone in the 1994 film), that if he had turned down the role, the movie would not have been made.
* John lived in Hell's Kitchen, a neighborhood in Manhattan that has figured prominently in the New York City underworld, and waited tables for a living when he first moved to New York, shortly after college.
* While living in New York in the mid-seventies, he continued to frequent the now-defunct Café Central on Manhattan's Upper West Side, even after his job as a bouncer at the establishment didn't work out, in order to hang out with former coworkers and soon-to-be stars, Bruce Willis and Randy Quaid.
To mark the 60th birthday of John Goodman, photoshop him any way you wish.
On October 27, 1939, a legend of British comedy was born. John Cleese, the exceptionally tall member of Monty Python, is celebrating his 70s birthday today.
His birthday hits just as fans around the world are celebrating the 40th anniversary of Monty Python’s Flying Circus.
Happy birthday, John! Remember to always look on the bright side of life.
To celebrate the 70th birthday of John Cleese, photoshop him any way you wish.
After Republican presidential candidate John McCain successfully secured his GOP nomination,
President George W. Bush gave his endorsement to McCain. Meeting with McCain and his wife at the White House, Bush junior said that McCain is a true Republican and would make a great country leader and commander-in-chief. At the same time many analysts think that blessings from Bush would actually drop McCain's ratings, since Bush has the lowest support ratings of all times, and associating with Bush is not the best thing at the moment.
Photoshop anything related to John McCain winning the GOP nomination, his future possible presidency, and running mate. Some examples are: motivational & demotivational posters with McCain, old paintings showing "Christening" of McCain by GOP leaders, his election posters with his running mate, etc.