It's official: Janet Yellen will be the next chair of the Federal Reserve, replacing Ben Bernanke who headed the Fed since being appointed by President Bush in 2006. Most of Americans never heard of Janet Yellen before, nor did the foreigners. Yet, we'll see a lot of Janet in the next (many) years as she will head the world's most powerful central bank. Will she get a nickname "helicopter Janet" as she will use the fed's copter to fly to the fed's meetings (just like Bernanke did)? Yellen, 67, was a personal pick of Obama for the post, and just like Bernanke she started her career as a university professor.
You might wanna read some interesting facts about Yellen here.
To introduce Janet Yellen to the whole world, photoshop her any way you wish (possibly providing some insights into her past or her future).
This Monday American singer, known for her provocative records and stage shows, Janet Jackson celebrated her 45th birthday. The youngest child of the Jackson family, she sold over 100 million records worldwide, and became one the most known artists in the history of contemporary music.
Today we present you some interesting facts about Janet Jackson:
* After Janet's breast-baring incident at Super Bowl XXXVIII, she canceled an appearance at the 2004 Grammy Awards show. She was told by CBS that she would only be allowed to go if she apologized for the Super Bowl incident (which Justin Timberlake agreed to do), but she declined.
* Janet has won five Grammys.
* Janet's rarest album to date is her sophomore album "Dream Street". It is the hardest to find in the United States, and (according to some sources), is only available on cassette. Back in the 80s, "Dream Street" reached #147 on Billboard and sold only 200,000 copies.
* She used to want to be a jockey when she was a little child but has been scared to ride horses since Christopher Reeve's accident.
* Her nickname "Dunk" was coined to describe her sturdy body, which her brother Michael claimed resembled a donkey.
And here's a quote from Janet Jackson: "I kinda see everyone as competition. I'm a very competitive person. But I think that's good. Competition is great. And as long as it's friendly and not a malicious thing, then I think it's cool."
Happy 45th birthday, Janet! And as Kratos says "Keep Rocking"!
To celebrate the 45th birthday of Janet Jackson, photoshop her any way you wish.