"Man is descended from a hairy, tailed quadruped, probably arboreal in its habits" -Charles Darwin Images Member reactions:
Ahhh, you went for the neo classical. Great job. I thought about it but then thought Bearder, berdulano, Luciano and a few others would be putting up some clean classical chops that generally win these things. So I baked mine a little longer just in case... and glad I did. Top 5 yadas. It is a good one by any standard
Story “Pay No Attention To That Man Behind The Curtain”...The Wizard of Oz Member reactions:
I like this one a lot, just wish Soros was more recognisable
Sweeeeeet. You inspire to do a chop of that sob. Congrats on the silver and a dang fine job
Thank you Newsy, Lu, Crafty, Bob, and thanks to Steve, H.House, and D.Dog, appreciate it guys. Thanks Wanderer, and Hits, , thanks for the kind words and love to see you do that sob.. Know it would Great
Just when world markets got hopeful on the EU bailout plan to save Greece,
Greek Prime Minister George Papandreou spooked the whole world right after Halloween -
by making a surprise announcement that a Greek referendum would be held to decide whether to accept the
bailout for his country. With that, global markets crumbled. Both the DAX and FTSE are off over 5%, Dow has so far lost about 300 points.
Bank stocks are leading the way with 10% drops not at all uncommon as the Greek vote calls into question whether or not the entire deal struck last week will need to be renegotiated.
Papandreou's decision not only spooked the markets, but have angered Germany, France and other EU countries which now regretted they accepted Greece into the EU in 2001.
George Papandreou is the guy who's been part of spending his economy into the ground, refusing to comply with the Maastricht Treaty, and forcing other member nations to bail Greece out, again. Papandreou is also the guy who okayed absurdly generous terms on said bailout before reneging, blithely throwing global financial markets into chaos.
George Papandreou managed to spook the world this week with his announcement, let us now show how he may spook the world with his appearance (werewolf, villain, or any other spooky or otherwise shocking appearance).
Boy George is 50 today. It's also been 30 years since Culture Club doused the music scene with glitter and lipstick. Wearing fantastic hats atop skinny dreads, the man born George O'Dowd sang like Smokey Robinson but looked like Cher. And the masses embraced him. Culture Club scored six top 10 hits stateside, nine in the UK.
Yes, there were drug addictions, an affair with Culture Club drummer Jon Moss, arrests, rehab stints, a Broadway flop, and a much-publicized prison sentence. Still, Boy George's star wattage has rarely dimmed over the past 30 years, and like his elder, Madonna, he's still making hits to this day. (In the UK, at least…)
To mark the 50th birthday of Boy George, photoshop him any way you wish.
Last Friday, May 6, America's famous womanizer, bachelor, actor, and film director, George Clooney turned half a century old.
Today we present you some interesting facts about George Clooney:
* George shared a Los Angeles home with Kelly Preston, when the two were both struggling actors. She gave George a Pot-Bellied Pig as a pet. He named him 'Max' and kept him as his companion for eighteen years, until the pig passed away on December 1, 2006. It was a hard year for George and his pets, his Bulldog also passed away that year.
* George slept in a friend's closet for a year while waiting for his big break into the acting world. Hestarted acting in 1982 when his cousin, Miguel Ferrer got him a bit part in a feature film. He then moved to Los Angeles, California, to pursue a career in acting.
* George auditioned for the role of 'Mr. Blonde' in Quentin Tarantino's hit thriller Reservoir Dogs, but was turned down.
* George has appeared in television commercials for: Martini, AT&T, AquaFina, and Fiat.
* George has been nominated for four Oscars, and won once. In 2006, he was nominated 3 times, including 2 nominations for Good Night and Good Luck. The two categories were "Best Achievement in Directing" and "Best Writing, Original Screenplay". That same year he won "Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role" for Syriana. In 2008, he was nominated for "Best Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role" for Michael Clayton.
* George's notes his "perfect" woman from OK! magazine would include Nicole Kidman's laughter, Julia Roberts' personality, Michelle Pfeiffer's "quintessence of beauty", and Jennifer Lopez's ambition.
* George loves beer. He has done voice overs for Budweiser TV commercials and reportedly had a keg of Guinness installed in his dressing room during filming of Ocean's 11.
* George loves the show South Park so much that he called Trey Parker, the creator of the series, and asked for a part in an episode. He was given the role of "Sparky", the gay dog.
And here's a quote from George Clooney: "I was in a bar and I said to a friend, 'You know, we've become those 40-year-old guys we used to look at and say, 'Isn't it sad?'."
Happy 50th birthday, George! Here's to more Oscars and many more great roles!
To celebrate the 50th birthday of George Clooney, photoshop him any way you wish.
George Michael was sentenced to eight weeks in jail and lost his license for five years Tuesday for driving under the influence of drugs when he crashed his car into a London photo shop.
A British judge told the wayward star his addiction to marijuana put him and the public at risk.
The former Wham! singer pleaded guilty last month to driving under the influence and possession of cannabis following a July 4 collision between his Range Rover and a Snappy Snaps store in north London.
District Judge John Perkins told the singer he had taken a “dangerous and unpredictable mix” of prescription drugs and marijuana.
Photoshop anything related to George Michael getting sentenced and serving time in jail. Some examples are: George Michael mugshots, photo (and other) evidence used in court, jail strip search, what George Michael will do in jail, how he'll decorate his prison cell, some songs George Michael should remake once he gets out, etc.
The Grammy-Award winning American comedian and actor George Carlin has died today of heart trouble. Carlin was constantly pushing the boundaries of accepted satire and language. His "Seven Words You Can Never Use on Television" is still banned from TV and radio today.
Carlin was seen as counterculture hero, especially by the older generations, who remember Carlin's golden years in the 80s. Carlin, 71, kept performing as recently as last weekend at the Orleans Casino and Hotel in Las Vegas. George was a comedic genius who will be missed by millions of fans, including us at Freaking News.
To pay a tribute to a great man of satire, George Carlin, photoshop him any way you wish. Some examples are: show what Carlin will do in heaven (or hell),
what movies he could have played in, what alternative careers he could have chosen, immortalize him in paintings, etc. These are just some ideas.