Movie icon Robert Duvall celebrated his 80th birthday in style on Wednesday by stamping his mark on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
The Godfather star placed his hands and feet in cement outside the historic Grauman's Chinese Theatre on Hollywood Boulevard.
The honour caps a six week period of accolades for the veteran, who is among the favourites to land a Best Actor Oscar nomination later this month for his role as a grumpy hermit in Get Low. Here are some interesting facts about Robert Duvall:
* He was considered for the role of "Brody" in the original Jaws (1975) film.
* Narrated a video supporting John McCain for the Republican National Convention in 2008.
* Travels to Argentina at least five times a year and has a home there.
* Hosted a fundraiser for Rudolph W. Giuliani at his Hollywood home in January 2008. He later endorsed Senator John McCain after Guiliani dropped out.
* Was roommates and good friends with Dustin Hoffman and Gene Hackman while all were struggling stage actors in New York before any of them struck it big. Among the three, Hoffman and Duvall were known for their ways with the women, and Duvall and Hackman were known for their short fuses, which led to numerous bar fights. The three often bonded over elaborate practical jokes.
* Can speak Spanish fluently.
* Served in the U.S. Army (serial #52 346 646) from 19 August 1953 to 20 August 1954, achieving rank of Private First Class and awarded the National Defense Service Medal.
* Lived with Luciana Pedraza for seven years before marrying her in 2004. She is 42 years younger than him.
* Duvall is an avid tango dancer, and his favorite city is Buenos Aires where he likes to watch and dance Argentinian tango. In 2002 Duvall directed film "Assassination Tango" with his wife Luciana Pedraza in the leading role. Luciana is Argentinian.
Happy Birthday, Robert! Here's to many, MANY more!
To mark the 80th birthday of Robert Duvall, photoshop him any way you wish.