The history of the gas mask spans for two centuries. Since then, the gas mask design has gone through many changes and gas masks have been used in military as well as civil cases when working with toxic, smoky, or dusty environments.
Gas mask costumes are very popular on Halloween too.
Photoshop gas masks any way you wish. Some examples are: design special versions of gas masks (e.g. glamor gas masks for female celebrities, gas masks for rockers, for hockey players, etc.), put gas masks on celebrities and politicians or animals, include gas masks in movies and paintings, etc.
This gallery only contains our top 28 selections from its parent contest Gas Masks. All 28 contest pictures can be viewed here.
Register to post comments and participate in contests.
This contest is fueled by the following news: A gas mask is a means of protection for the respiratory organs and gas masks exist which also can protect the vision and face. The protective properties of gas masks differ according to the type of protection:
- From specific types of poisonous substances - filtering, filtering of ambient air, replacement of the filtering element is usually possible;
- Isolating - a generation of inhaling mixture - i.e. respiratory organs breathe not the air but air, generated by a cartridge;
- Hose - a supply of air mixture from some distance (10-40 meters) and this type of gas mask is usually used while carrying out work in tanks.
The world’s first filtering coal gas mask was invented by Russian scientist Nikolay Dmitrovich Zelinsky in 1915. The filtering gas mask was inducted into the army Entente in the year 1916.
The design of the gas mask:
- Rubber helmet – mask;
- Filtering box;
- Eyeglass unit;
- Valve unit (one valve for inhaling and two valves for exhalation);
- Connecting tube (not available in all models);
- Some gas masks contain a diaphragm for a communication system.
Use of a gas mask:
Rule No. 1 - Field: The gas mask is kept in a bag on the left side and at the level of the belt zone. All buttons are clasped.
Rule No. 2 - On call: If there is a threat of infection. As per command “Prepare the gas mask”, it is necessary to move the gas mask bag onto the stomach and unbutton the buttons.
Rule No. 3 - Combat: On the command: “Gases!” wear the gas mask.
The sequence of wearing the gas mask:
1. On hearing the command “Gases”, delay inhaling without exhaling the air;
2. Close the eyes;
3. Take out the gas mask from the gas mask bag, by taking out the gas mask with the left hand and holding the bag from the bottom with the right hand;
4. Before wearing the gas mask, position the big fingers of the hands outside and the remaining inside.
5. Arrange the lower portion of the helmet-mask on the chin;
6. Quickly pull the gas mask onto the head from the bottom up;
8. It is necessary that the eyeglass unit should be at the level of the eyes so that folds are not formed;
9. Keep the bag sideways.
1. On hearing the command “Remove the gas mask!” hold the gas mask with the index fingers under the ears and pull bottom-up;
2. Put the gas mask back in the gas mask bag.