Eating Disorders Anorexia and Bulimia
Contest Directions: Eating disorders are not just for teenagers anymore. Doctors say about 5% of adult population are suffering from either anorexia or bulimia. The other 95% are enjoying it.
In this contest we are going to show that celebrities and politicians can be anorexic and bulimic at the same time. You are asked to photoshop celebrities and politicians with their right side suffering from bulimia, and the left side suffering from anorexia (or vice versa).
9 pictures
  • Alyssa Milano

    Alyssa Milano
  • Alyssa Milano

    Alyssa Milano
  • Nicole Richie

    Nicole Richie
  • Elizabeth Banks

    Elizabeth Banks
  • Asia Argento

    Asia Argento
  • Lindsay Lohan

    Lindsay Lohan
  • Angelina Jolie

    Angelina Jolie
  • Cameron Diaz

    Cameron Diaz
  • Paris Hilton

    Paris Hilton
9 image entries
Register to post comments and participate in contests.
This contest is fueled by the following news: Anorexia and bulimia used to be considered an eating disorder that afflicted teenage girls. But doctors are finding that a growing number of older women are now being diagnosed with some sort of eating disorder. People tend to make another mistake in their perception of eating disorders - they assume they are relatively benign psychological problems that are easily treated and without lasting physical effects. "People are surprised when they learn these have the highest mortality rate of any psychiatric diagnosis, somewhere between 10 and 15 percent," said Bunnell, who's also a member of the National Eating Disorders Association board of directors. Anorexia nervosa produces dramatic weight loss caused by excessive or compulsive dieting. An estimated 0.5 percent to 3.7 percent of women suffer from anorexia nervosa at some point in their lifetime, according to the National Institute of Mental Health. Anorexics see themselves as overweight even though they're dangerously slim. The process of eating disorder becomes an obsessive minefield and unusual eating habits develop, such as picking out just a few foods and eating them in tiny, carefully measured quantities. Bulimia is an eating disorder characterized by excessive binge eating followed by purging the food through vomiting, laxatives or over-exercising. An estimated 1.1 percent to 4.2 percent of American females will struggle with bulimia nervosa in their lifetime. Because of the purging, people with bulimia usually weigh within the normal range for their age and height, and are rarely seen as fat people. But they still suffer the same fears about weight gain as anorexics. So, they often perform bulimic actions secretly, feeling disgusted and ashamed when they binge, yet relieved once they purge.

Contest Options

Contest Info

  • Started: 2/4/2007 06:00
  • Ended: 2/6/2007 06:00
  • Level: advanced
  • Entries: 9
  • Jackpot:
  • FN Advanced 1st Place $5
  • FN Advanced 2nd Place $3
  • FN Advanced 3rd Place $2
Browse more pictures on the similar topics: eating disorders anorexia and bulimia