Contest Directions: If you could decorate Easter eggs or create Easter baskets a celebrity or politician, what would the Easter eggs look like or what would your Easter basket contain? Create these holiday gifts for your favorite celebrities or politicians.
Register to post comments and participate in contests.
This contest is fueled by the following news: The Easter basket is likely to look very different this year. SpongeBob will be sprouting rabbit ears. Spider Man will be trapped behind cellophane and golden ribbons. There will be baskets featuring Scooby-Doo and NASCAR toys. All of these products are pushing aside traditional Easter eggs and candies. The small number of companies in the U.S. that assemble prepackaged holiday baskets have been quietly buying licenses for well known brands to wrap them all up for Easter. The trend actually began in 2002.
While preparing the eggs, to retain the vitamin value, light boiled eggs are preferred to fried eggs. While frying, vitamins can get oxidized due to atmospheric oxygen and also can get affected by UV sun rays.
Eggs are decorated during Easter.
- A Cuban hen laid the heaviest egg. It weighed 148 grams (also, the average mass of the egg was only 52). The giant egg was like a Russian Doll - a smaller egg was present inside it;
- The rarest egg was laid by a hen from Krasnoyarsk in Russia. A watch dial was clearly visible on the egg shell;
- The biggest scrambled egg with a weight of 300 kg was prepared in Hungary. It was prepared using 5000 eggs;
- The most politicized eggs belonged to Kamchatka. The eggs were decorated with the logo "All are invited to Referendum". The "invitation" eggs cost 10 rubles cheaper than standard eggs;
- Dale Lions of the UK sprinted 48.1 km within 4 hrs 18 min by holding a fresh egg in a dessert spoon. The record was made on April 23, 1990;
- Two kitchen workers, Harold Whitcomb and Gerald Harding cleaned 1050 dozen boiled eggs in a record time of 7.25 hrs (1 egg per second!!!) in Trabridge, UK on April 23, 1971. Both the men were blind.