Contest Directions: Photoshop this cop image (click to download) any way you wish. Some examples are: re-dressing the cop, placing him in some new or unusual environment. These are just some ideas.
You have 3 days to submit your entry. Submitting it early will give you plenty of time to read the critique comments and edit your image accordingly.
Many thanks to Troy Newell and Stock Exchange for providing the source image.
This gallery only contains our top 14 selections from its parent contest Cop. All 17 contest pictures can be viewed here.
Register to post comments and participate in contests.
This contest is fueled by the following news: Who is a cop (policeman)?
He or she is an employee, whose main task is to protect the public. The tasks include protection against crimes, the protection of civil order, the maintaining of the traffic rules and other guidelines, the prevention of alcohol abuse and narcotic abuse, the prevention of civil disorders, monitoring weapons, adherence to laws and investigations demanded by law and the respective national and local authorities.
Risk factors for being a cop:
* Policemen are exposed to the big risk of being attacked, wounded or even killed by criminals, hooligans and other people, whose behavior disagrees with the norms of law and society. Cops can also get injured due to friendly fire;
* Many policemen encounter accidents while on the job – road accidents, falling while chasing, rescue and other similar operations;
* Cops live with the constant comprehension of physical danger, have long and un-standardized working day and come into contact with an unpleasant side of life. It often leads to psychological stress, family and personal problems;
* Policemen can have health problems since they spend much of the time in open air, including under solar rays or in bad weather;
* Serious health hazards are inevitable with the contact of people who are sick of infectious diseases, especially AIDS.
The detective is a designation in the police structures of countries, organized on the basis of Anglo-Saxon law system.
Though, the private detective is called a detective, he is not a civil servant, therefore his legal status is somewhat different. A private detective is some kind of a freelancer, performing activities on his own risk. It, on one hand, gives the private detective some freedom, but on the other hand, the private detective is not allotted those imperative powers, which are provided to colleagues from the state and municipal structures.