Turning another page in US-Russia relations, Presidents Obama and Medvedev discuss the arms reduction pact, where both countries will agree to cut down the arms production. The new pact will be signed by December and will replace the old START 1 arms reduction treaty.
Let us show how Freaking News supports arms reduction - Photoshop celebrities with short arms.
Register to post comments and participate in contests.
This contest is fueled by the following news: With some simple exercises added to your sports training you can make your arms look fit and elegant.
Exercises for biceps and triceps are not only for men wishing to work out their shape like Schwarzenegger had in the Terminator.
If you wish to have a nice posture, feel comfortable wearing clothes with open shoulders, tight-fitting T-shirts and beautiful dinner clothes, if you have a sedentary, inactive way of life, you have to pay attention to training the arm muscles.
Don't worry about the muscles being over worked and becoming too bulky. Believe that to achieve strength and increase in muscle bulk you would do your best, persistently working with weights and dumbbells of considerable weight and special diets. But to minimize such risk and to make arms fit and elegant, but not too bulky, it is better to use 1-2 kg dumbbells, and a higher number of exercise repetitions. In this case excess weight can be lost, and muscles become a pleasant relief.
Exercises for arm fitness can be divided into three types. The first type works with all muscles, warming them up, that exercises are better to be used at a warm-up stage. The second one develops the front part of an arm – biceps. The third type strengthens triceps, a back muscle of an arm. Usually triceps is the most problematic zone for women. During training exercises it is better to pay attention to work on either the biceps or triceps.
1. Stand up, feet are at shoulders' width, arms are down. With a breath lift slowly both arms up, slightly detain them and lower them down with an exhalation. Repeat 5-10 times.
2. The same position, but lift arms from both sides. Begin rotations: at first – by hands, several times forward and back, then join forearms, at the end imitate "a mill", rotating arms from shoulders.
3. Standing, feet are at a shoulders width, hands have small dumbbells (the beginners can do the exercise without dumbbells or can hold plastic half liter bottles with water) are bent and pressed to the breast. Do violent lunges forward by one leg, at the same time shoot out an opposite arm forward (as though you are trying to punch an invisible wall). Repeat 5-10 times by each arm.
4. Press-ups. For a start, while muscles are not strengthened yet, you can press-up from a wall, or from the floor, setting on knees and not on the feet, it reduces loading. Do 5-10 press-ups, setting hands wider than shoulders' width (fingers are forward). 5-10 times – hands slightly less than shoulders' width (fingers are inside), 5-10 – hands on shoulders' width, fingers slightly to sides.
Having warmed up, you can start work only with biceps or only with triceps.
1. Standing, feet are at shoulders' width, arms with dumbbells are down. Bend and unbend arms quite quickly by turn (palms and bent fingers – to yourself). Repeat an exercise 3 times, 20-30 times by each arm.
2. Sit down on a bench or a chair (so that hips are parallel to a floor and make a right angle with shins). Take a dumbbell in the right arm, the elbow sittings against the hip slightly above the knee. Bend and unbend the arm with the dumbbell, but more slowly, than in the previous exercise, trying to feel the work of the muscles. Repeat until you feel tired. After taking a rest do it one more time.